The Government of India through notification in the Official Gazette has amended the Employees’ State Insurance (Central) Rules, 1950. Accordingly, as per rule 50, the wage limit for coverage of an employee under Employees State Insurance Act has been enhanced from Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000 with effect from 1 May 2010, now to Rs. 21000/- at present date.
The ESI Act, 1948 in the first instance, applies to:
• Factories using power in the manufacturing process and employing 10 or more persons
• Non-power using factories or establishments employing 20 or more persons for wages.
The Act contains an enabling provision under which Appropriate Government is empowered to extend the provision of the ESI Act, 1948 to other classes of establishments.
• Agricultural or otherwise
Under these provisions the State Governments have extended the provisions of the ESI Act to the following classes of establishments.
• Hotels & Restaurants
• Cinemas including preview Theaters
• Road Motor Transport Undertaking
• News Paper Establishments
Employees of covered units and estab¬lishments drawing wages upto Rs. 21000 per month come under the purview of the ESI Act 1948 for multi dimensional social security benefits.
ESI scheme is financed by contribution raised from employees covered under this scheme and their employers as a fixed percentage of wages. Rates of contribution are as follows:
• Employees contribution 1.75% of wages ( Employees earning up to Rs. 50 per day are exempted from payment of their contribu¬tion)
• Employer’s contribution 4.75% of wages.
Various benefits that the insured employees and their dependents are entitled to are as follows
• Medical Benefits
• Sickness Benefits
• Maternity Benefits
• Disablement Benefits
• Dependent Benefits
• Other Benefits (like funeral expenses, vocational rehabilitations, free supply of physical aids etc).
1. Application form
2. Digital signature of authorized person
3. Copy of pan card of company and moa of co. / partnership deed
4. Copy of residence proof and pan card of all directors / partners
5. List of employee
a) Name of employees
b) Date of birth of employee
c) Date of joining of employee
d) Fathers name of employee
e) Fathers date of birth
f) Family detail :- mothers name of employee
g) Mothers date of birth
h) Wife name of employee
i) wife date of birth
j) Children name of employee
k) Children date of birth
6. Month wise detail of employee
7. Copy of two work order
8. Copy of service tax certificate/sale tax/iec code (if any)
9. Electricity bill with rent agreement & noc from landlord
10. Board resolution
11. Four copy of moa
12. Four cancelled cheque and bank statement
13.1st purchase bill/ sale bill
14. Nature of business
15. Wages and attendance register
16. Shop & establishment certificate
17. Email id of company
18. Landline no and mobile no of company
19. Power of attorny in favour of kuldeep pathak & associates